Welcome to Linnette's special place of exploring new worlds through the realm of fiction...

Fountain of Wishes, Part 1 ~ Tuesday Tale


The Pineapple Fountain 
by Just Watching the Wheels Go Round
“Here, Chloe. Let me finish with the dishes. You take these coins down to the Pineapple Fountain and make your wish.”

            “Abuela! You know there is no such thing as luck. I’m not about to do such a thing.” Chloe scraped the plate clean and slipped it into the dishwasher.

            “Oh, come now, my little Niña. Give it a try. You never know what wonders God might do for you. Here. Give me that. You take the coins down to the fountain and make your wishes known to God.”

            Now staring into the fountain, Chloe smiled and shook her head. There was no resisting her grandmother once she got something into her head. She opened her hand and studied the coin in her palm. 

“So, what do you say, God? Am I meant to stay single the rest of my life or what?”

Troy’s face flashed through her mind, but she forced it away. She never stood a chance with him, so why continue to agonize?

Lord, I really do want your will for my life. Even if that means staying single. I just can’t take this not knowing. I need to move on with my life. She closed her fist around the coin. Okay. I can’t believe I’m even considering this, but… She raised her hand –

“Ouch!” Something struck her leg. She looked down as the water rippled after a plop. “What on earth?” She glanced up and around the fountain to find a man skirting the fountain.

“I’m so sorry. Are you okay? I didn't mean to toss it so hard. Did I hurt you?”

A man strode toward her. She couldn't make out his face in the dark with only the fountain lights to flit across his face. But that voice…

He stopped in front of her, his brows furrowed in worry. 

Troy?” 

She tightened her fist. The coin dug in, assuring her she hadn't tossed it. 

“Wh-what… How?” 

Her gaze skittered around the fountain's courtyard, then swept back to the man peering at her in disbelief.

“Chloe? Is it really you?”

No comments:

"To You, O LORD, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy, when I cry to You for help, when I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary." Psalm 28:1-2, ESV

"We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19, ESV) "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her..." (Ephesians 5:25, ESV)

The Ragged Edge - A Life Changing Experience!