Welcome to Linnette's special place of exploring new worlds through the realm of fiction...

The New Guy, Part 3 ~ A Tuesday Tale


She cringed. Face-palm! Why'd she have to go and say that? Now he'll think I'm a dweeb the same as everybody else.

~ By Linnette R Mullin. All rights reserved.
His smile doubled in wattage. "I bet. What do you do when you're overseas? Do you go to a chapel on base or find a church in town?"

She shrugged, a little wary of the smile. "Sometimes we'll go to the chapel. Sometimes we'll go to an English speaking mission church in the area." Seemed everywhere she went others teased about going to church.

"What about here? Have you found a good home church here?"

She stopped and studied him for a moment. Was he really interested in church? Could he be... She gave herself a mental shake and said, "We found a church downtown we absolutely love. Didn't take dad long to decide to join. We've been here just over a year, now, so we're pretty at home there."

"Really? Which one? I go to the big pink church downtown."

She snapped her fingers and pointed at him. "That's it! That's the one!"

"No way! Are you serious?"

"Oh my gosh, yes! We go to the same church."

"How cool is that?" His eyes danced with excitement that sent a zing straight through her.

How cool, indeed! Who'd have thunk?

No comments:

"To You, O LORD, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy, when I cry to You for help, when I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary." Psalm 28:1-2, ESV

"We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19, ESV) "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her..." (Ephesians 5:25, ESV)

The Ragged Edge - A Life Changing Experience!