Welcome to Linnette's special place of exploring new worlds through the realm of fiction...

I'm a Writer?

It's another Monday and I'm realizing something about myself. A weakness I thought I had overcome: I still don't totally believe I'm a writer. I still cannot look another person in the eye and say with confidence and peace, and without flinching, "I'm a writer".

It doesn't seem to matter that I have a novel written and under contract to be published. The fact that I'm halfway to completion of the second book doesn't seem to faze me much, either. I mean, if I really believed I'm a writer, wouldn't I take command of my schedule? Wouldn't I stop dallying around, wasting writing time on more frivolous things? Wouldn't I own the fact and never be embarrassed to say "I'm a writer"? Please note: I'm not embarrassed to be a writer, I'm embarrassed to say I'm a writer because I feel like a total fraud. 

So, it hit me this morning that I don't truly believe I'm a writer. If I did believe it, I'd write aggressively. As in, every day... to make time no matter how busy  my schedule. Wouldn't I? So, what am I going to do about it? What do you think I should do about it? How can I convince myself that I am a writer? Because I think if I could just own the fact that I'm a writer, believe it with conviction, I'd just do it - even being I'm a busy mom. Wouldn't I? What do you think?

No comments:

"To You, O LORD, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy, when I cry to You for help, when I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary." Psalm 28:1-2, ESV

"We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19, ESV) "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her..." (Ephesians 5:25, ESV)

The Ragged Edge - A Life Changing Experience!