Welcome to Linnette's special place of exploring new worlds through the realm of fiction...

Oops! Did you miss the big announcement?

In all my excitement, I totally forgot to post my news here. YES! "Finding Beth" is finally on her way to publication! I'm so excited! If you'd like to see the official announcement, click "Official Website".

~ photographer unknown

So, what am I going to do with An Odyssey in Prose? As the name suggests, I'm going to record this Odyssey God has planned out for me. This will be the more personal side of my website where I'll come sit with a cup of hot tea (I'll offer you coffee if you prefer) and we'll chat. We can discuss the latest thing that has me excited from a developing story-line to my latest chat with my publisher... sneak peeks and behind the scenes... It'll run the gamut. I hope you'll stop by to visit regularly. I'm easy to find. Just go to LinnetteMullin.com and click the link "Odyssey in Prose" at the top of the home page.

I was talking with my publisher (Tamara) on the phone today. It still amazes me how we can chat like old friends. We talked a bit about social networking and then launched into what I can expect in the next few months. Since there are a handful of books ahead of me, I'll take my Christmas break and then settle into writing "Loving Tiffany".

Somewhere along February or March, she'll send back general edits for "Finding Beth" and I'll have to focus on those and get them back to her in a timely manner. Then, she'll do more of a line by line edit - getting down to the nitty-gritty, send those to me and I'll work on those. After I send those back, she'll enter the manuscript into the software thing-a-ma-giggy to format it and then we'll do another edit. Once we think we have it where we want it, she'll send it to her proofreader. Then I get to plug in those edits. All the while, I'll be writing "Loving Tiffany" and we'll work on the cover art for "Finding Beth". I'm Snoopy dancing!



Sound like fun? This, my friends, is why it takes so long to go from contract to print. And while she's working on my book, she's working on at least five others at the same time. Whew! Glad I'm the writer and she's the publisher!

By the way, we're hoping the release date for "Finding Beth" will be between Thanksgiving and Christmas of 2013. The latest it will release is June 2014.

That's all for now. Be sure to visit LinnetteMullin.com for upcoming "Friday with Friends" starting this Friday with my Author bud, Dave Fessenden. May God bless you with a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Missing the beach ...
~ by Linnette R Mullin

No comments:

"To You, O LORD, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy, when I cry to You for help, when I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary." Psalm 28:1-2, ESV

"We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19, ESV) "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her..." (Ephesians 5:25, ESV)

The Ragged Edge - A Life Changing Experience!