Welcome to Linnette's special place of exploring new worlds through the realm of fiction...

The New Guy, Part 1 ~ A Tuesday Tale

Crystal stared into the cup and stirred her malt. Every Ice Cream Parlor table overflowed with teens. Every table but hers. She sat alone. The story of her life. Laughter and guffaws buzzed around her. Pain slashed through her heart, but she ignored it and let her mind float back to lunch.

~ at Bing
The new hunk in school. He actually sat with her. Wow!

Her eyes slid shut as she took a long pull on her malt.

Yes, Randy Chauvin sat with her. Her! Crystal Robinson.  Not only that, but he talked to her. Talked. To her.

Her heart fluttered.

"Hey, Crystal."

Her eyes popped open at the sound of his smooth baritone voice. She gaped. Twice in one day? And he remembered her name? She had to be dreaming.

He scoped out the room. "Man, this place is buzzin'. Mind if I join you?"


No comments:

"To You, O LORD, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy, when I cry to You for help, when I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary." Psalm 28:1-2, ESV

"We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19, ESV) "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her..." (Ephesians 5:25, ESV)

The Ragged Edge - A Life Changing Experience!